Yuck
When I did all my calculations, I thought tax was already included. I was wrong. You can add 12.5% to every "grand total" I came up with. Poo. But hey, we won't pay full price anyway. And I don't think the tax applies to renting DVC points.
The place to post all things Disney trip.
2 Comments:
So I did a spreadsheet to alleviate my frustration (yes I'm a nerd) and here's what I came up with...
6 Night Trip
Our best deal overall is to stay 1 night at Pop Century (a lot like All Star but newer), and 5 nights at Old Key West, plus 6 day park hopper tickets and 5 days' Dining Plan.
Grand total for 2 adults: $1340.85.
With a kid over 3:$1613.06
The downside to this is we don't have that extra day to relax; we'd be hitting the parks for 5 full days.
7 Night Trip
If that rest day is important (and it does make a big difference), we can stay 1 night at Pop Century, 6 nights at Old Key West, plus an extra day of dining (and tickets since it's almost free).
2 adults total: $1621.09
With Luke: $1905.36
I'll be keeping my eye out for deals that pertain to this December to get an idea of if it's worth staying the whole time at Pop Century or Coronado Springs. It just depends on how much $$ off the deal comes out to.
I have tons of other numbers worked up, so feel free to ask, "So how much more would it be to..."
i refuse to go, case closed...
if my Disney planner is going to forget taxes this early in the game, what next? Forgetting that the Dumbo ride is being repaired the week we go? Forgetting that it is going to rain 3 days our of 6? Forgetting the winning answer of who wants to be a millionaire????
kidding... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home